Equine passport info on horse passport passport application and transponder fn

Equine passport

Information about the horse passport and passport iance

The equine passport, colloquially known as the horse passport, is required by the European Union for all equids (horses, ponies, donkeys) without exception. The aim is a clear identification of horses and ponies, especially against the background that the horse is also a food supplier in the EU. Germany has incorporated the decision into national legislation (including the Livestock Traffic Ordinance). So every horse must have a horse passport, which must be carried with every transport. The passports are ied by the respective responsible passport iing authorities such as the recognized horse breeding associations or the German Equestrian Federation (FN).

The horse passport is a prerequisite for registration as a show horse. It is also used to document the vaccinations against influenza that have been given, in order to be able to prove the correct vaccination protection in accordance with the Leistungs-Prufungs-Ordnung (LPO) (Performance Testing Regulations). This is a condition for participation in any tournament events. For participation in international competitions, an international horse passport of the International Equestrian Federation (FEI) is also required.

Horses without passport

Horse owners must be able to present a horse passport for each horse on the farm. Anyone keeping horses who does not have a horse passport is in breach of the law and may be sanctioned in the event of an inspection. If no horse passport has been ied for a horse, this must be done as soon as possible.

– For all horses without a passport, which are to be registered as competition or leisure sport horses, the documents for the iing of the passport can be ordered from the FN. – Furthermore, the FN is the iing body for all so far passportless, so-called other equids for breeding and use in North Rhine-Westphalia, as far as these horses are not registered in a stud book of a breeding association, thus do not have a pedigree certificate and also no registration as a show horse is intended.

Prerequisite for the passport ie by the FN is an active identification of the horse with a transponder (microchip). How to get passport. Transponder? Fill in the order form for transponder. Send back to the FN. It is compulsory to indicate the keeper/company number. The responsible offices for application and information on the registration number can be found in the overview for owner/operating numbers. – Upon receipt of the fully completed form, you will receive the ordered number of transponders, including the same number of applications for equine passports. An authorized veterinarian/qualified person places the transponder, fills out the application documents for the equine passport as well as the mark diagram and confirms it with his signature. – The completely filled out application documents must be sent back to the FN including the badge diagram. After recording the data, a passport will be created and sent to you.

Only for NRW veterinarians: emergency transponder for foals

The NRW state ministry has commissioned the FN to send emergency transponder kits to veterinary practices/clinics in North Rhine-Westphalia starting in 2018.

Important: Only veterinarians from NRW are allowed to order emergency transponder kits from the FN for the treatment of foals, as the FN has only been commissioned by the Ministry of North Rhine-Westphalia.

Background: Until now, it was not legally possible for veterinarians to treat a sick foal, which did not yet have an equine passport, with substances that were not approved for food-producing animals and/or listed in the list of substances essential for the treatment of equidae (so-called "substances of concern"). Positive list for equidae) are listed. In the context of emergency treatment, the veterinarian can now mark the foal with a so-called emergency transponder. Deposit information about the treatment in the HI-Animal-Database. This information, stored in the database, will be taken into account by the equine passport iing office when printing the equine passport. The emergency transponders are intended exclusively for this purpose. May NOT be used for the identification of other foals and/or horses/animals!

For other federal states: If you own a horse without a pedigree certificate or without a German birth certificate and you do not want it to be registered as a show horse with the FN, please contact the responsible passport iing office of your federal state. An overview can be found on the page of the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture for the marking and identification of equidae.

Passport ie foal

If you have a German-bred foal, the breeding association where the dam is registered is responsible for the passport ie.

Horses with a foreign passport

Horses that have a foreign passport but are not yet registered in Germany must be re-registered. For this purpose, the horse must be identified by a veterinarian in Germany. The information in the passport be confirmed. If there is an insignia diagram in the passport, the veterinarian checks the information or draws in the insignia and confirms it by stamp and signature. Subsequently send the passport. The form for change of ownership notification by registered mail to the FN. We will then check whether the passport complies with the requirements of the European Union and can therefore possibly be recognized. If the requirements of the EU are not met, the horse passport must be supplemented by the competent body accordingly. In some cases it is necessary to ie a new equine passport. Please consult us in case of doubt. We are happy to advise you.

After the death of the horse

In paragraph 44b of the Livestock Regulation is regulated how to deal with the equine passport after the death of the horse. It is important that the equine passport is invalidated and sent back to the iing office or the office that made changes in the equine passport. In particular, the owner of the horse is taken into the obligation. If the carcass is collected by a carcass disposal service, the equine passport must be handed over to the driver. In the case of slaughter, the equine passport is usually handed over to the slaughterhouse.

Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: