To exert prere would be the wrong way and would only degenerate into power struggles. Calmness and patience are crucial. Your child will know when it is hungry and will eat something sooner or later.
For example, if your child does not gain weight or grow for several months, or if he or she has pain when eating, or if the problem does not improve for several months, a visit to the doctor is recommended.
There are many ways to eat healthy on a regular basis. For example, for a balanced diet you should cook as varied as possible. Your child can also get minerals and vitamins through delicious smoothies.
Many parents despair when their child eats too little and fear deficiencies. To reare you in advance: a healthy child will not go hungry voluntarily, which is why it is primarily your job as parents to
to keep calm. The problem often solves itself. How to proceed if it does not, you will learn in the following article.
1. With young children, complaining about food is part of the daily routine
Eating problems rarely occur in infants
Babies are relatively seldom bad eaters, because the little ones still grow quite quickly in their first year and have a correspondingly large nutritional requirement. However, after the first year of life, growth slows down and the energy requirement decreases. This is why you may get the impression that toddlers are suddenly less hungry – as parents, you should therefore not go crazy right away.
The older the child gets, the more precise their idea of what a sensible lunch should look like and what definitely does not belong on the plate for lunch becomes. Nagging about food you should in no way take it personally. The children only want to Demonstrate independence and demonstrate that they can already take care of themselves all by themselves.
Do not put prere on your child
Putting prere on the little ones would be the wrong way and would only degenerate into power struggles. Calmness and patience are crucial here. Your child will already know when it is hungry and will eat accordingly sooner or later. Trust the natural Your child's hunger pangs – this also applies to one, two or three year old children.
When your child eats nothing or too little, can put prere on the following cause Underlying:
– Immediately after an illness – The child incubates an illness – The last molar erupts – A growth spurt is completed – Lack of appetite due to constant snacking – Restlessness at family meals
Tip: A complete refusal of healthy food is also considered normal in the short term – especially during stressful periods of defiance. In this case, your child will clearly indicate whether he or she is hungry or would prefer to continue playing.
2. If your child eats poorly for several days, a visit to the doctor may be advisable
There is always a way to make food palatable to your child.
If you are concerned that your child may be at risk of malnutrition, the
Keeping a food diary be helpful. You should not forget, also all Adding drinks, snacks or snacking to the meal. At the end of the observation, your child may realize that he or she has not eaten as little as first appeared.
It may be only by keeping a food diary that you notice how much Milk or juice Your child eats throughout the day. If it already has its Calorie needs met has, it comes consequently to weaker sense of hunger. The same applies to sweets or snacks such as chocolate or potato chips. So it may be that your child is not eating poorly, but is simply already satiated due to constant snacking.
Now, of course, the question arises: When should you go to the doctor? A visit to the doctor makes sense if one or more of the following observations apply:
– Your child does not gain weight or grow for several months – Your offspring loses weight – Your child becomes or is permanently ill – There are swallowing or feeding difficulties. Chewing problems – Your child is having pain while eating – If your child is eating poorly, not just for a short time, but for weeks or even months – The weight at or even below the 3. Percentile lies
Here you can find out what natural remedies are available to treat loss of appetite in children.
3. A healthy and balanced diet is the responsibility of parents
Nutrient needs vary from day to day
How much your child eats in a day is not that important. The Nutritional needs and appetite vary from day to day. The decisive factor is whether a toddler has eaten enough throughout the week.
Parents often criticize their children's unbalanced diet and advise them to eat more fruits and vegetables. At this point you should question yourself. Have you previously modeled a healthy and balanced diet to your child or eat and drink perhaps exactly what you would like to forbid your child to do?
If this is the case, you should also work on your own eating habits and show your child that you also eat a balanced diet. Eat Fruit or vegetables at all meals and explain to your child that this is important to absorb essential vitamins and minerals
With the following tips you can to include healthy food in your daily routine integrate:
– Your child can also get minerals and vitamins from tasty smoothies. – Cook as varied a diet as possible to give your child a balanced diet. – Children learn by imitation. Model for your child exactly the eating behavior that you expect of him or her. – The eye eats as well known. A visually appealing dish immediately makes them want to eat it much more. Funny decorations such as flowers or faces make children's eyes light up. – Many children love to be able to help with shopping and cooking lunch. If this also applies to your child, you should definitely take advantage of this circumstance and introduce your child to food procurement and preparation in a playful way.
4. Tips against eating problems
It is important that your child enjoys eating. Then hunger will come all by itself.
If your child doesn't want to eat anything at all, he or she should never be forced to – after all, your offspring should be able to eat their own food Combining food with fun and enjoyment. Talk to your child and find out which foods he or she doesn't like to eat at all. How to make sure that there is always something on the table that your child will also like.
Basically, you should do everything you can to ensure that your child enjoys eating. It is also useful to Arrange healthy food in an attractive way and the to always take meals together or even serving the favorite food more often.
Attention: Do not overdo it by always trying to please your child. Otherwise, you can quickly spoil them, and in the worst case, they will only eat selected foods.
Many parents find it particularly difficult to get their child used to vegetables. The child's sense of taste is still somewhat sensitive to bitter tastes. Therefore, it may be wise to, raw vegetables with Curd or yogurt dip or serve them in a smoothie. In addition, it may be helpful to cut appropriate vegetables such as peppers, carrots, or cucumbers into sticks and offer them as a type of "vegetable fries offer. It is less common for children to dislike fruit. However, if this is the case freshly squeezed juices Remedy.